Sunday, July 19, 2009

Promotion of Adult Websites

The challenges faced when promoting websites are great, in an economy where people see the internet as a "free ride" to financial stability in the face of an increasingly impossible job market.

Recently, I've been working to promote a new adult website I've been working on called Tube Spider. I have encountered many issues with using the so called "traditional" promotional methods, which I see as an incredible saturation of advertising methods.

Many webmasters in the past have exploited somewhat spammy methods of promoting their websites such as link exchanges/farming, pointless social networking sites, and even going so far as to create entire networks of blogs with auto-generated content in order to make their link appear relevant.

My hope with Tube Spider is that we can find creative and original legitimate methods to promote our site, in a way which will not appear spammy or compromise my ethics in regards to advertising and fair use of the internet.

No comments: